The amazing Sprint 8 workout
Have you ever heard of Sprint 8? Well, let me tell you, it's an amazing cardio workout that will kick your butt and motivate you to keep going. It's featured exclusively on Matrix Fitness cardio products. Let me tell you a bit more about it and its benefits.
Sprint 8® is an efficient, fat-burning HIIT workout that you can do in only 20 minutes, including warm-up and cool down. Since high-intensity cardio exercises are among the best exercise for weight loss, a lot of people see results in just 8 weeks or less. Sprint 8 is an efficient and effective way to maximize your workout and get healthy. This 20-minute HIIT workout is a user friendly program with simple steps that are easy to understand whether you’re using a treadmill, exercise bike or elliptical.
Here's how it works:
- 3 minute warm up
- 30 second sprints where you go a hard as you can for those 30 seconds
- In between the sprints you have 90 second active recovery intervals
- 2.5 minute cool down
- Each sprint is 30 seconds long and must be performed at an all-out intensity. If you could go longer than 30 seconds, you are not working hard enough. But remember, this will be different for everyone - your "all-out intensity” may be a fast walking pace.
- Signs that you are performing at the appropriate intensity include being out of breath, sweating and feeling muscle burn. (Of course!)
- Following each sprint is a 90-second period of active recovery.
- In this phase, keep moving, allowing your intensity and heart rate level to come down.
- If you feel you've recovered in less than 90 seconds, work harder in the next sprint to realize the full impact of the Sprint 8 program
I tried the Sprint 8 at a training event we host every year for our sales team. And let me tell you, it was a great workout. I won't lie, it was challenging at first, but when you make it through that first sprint you really feel accomplished and you know your body is working hard.
Don't worry if you can't do 8 sprints at the start. I couldn't at first! Work your way up to 8 - try 2 and keep increasing the numbers of sprints you do the more you workout. Hey it's called a workout after all - not an easy out.
Sprint 8 is based on science
We all know there are a lot of fitness "fads" out there - and how do you know what really works? What's great about Sprint 8 is that it's based on science. Check out the Sprint 8 website that has lots of interesting articles on the benefits of Sprint 8 and why it works so well.
In an independent study by King’s Daughters Medical Center (KDMC) of 22 females aged 30-57, the Sprint 8 program showed a collective body fat reduction of 27% and a BMI decrease of 4%, all within 8 hours of exercise during an 8-week trial. Learn more here.
Sprint 8 is great for your chromosomes too — specifically, the ends of your chromosomes, which are called telomeres. Telomeres deter the degradation of your genes, protecting your cells from aging too quickly. Read more from Phil Campbell, the creator of Sprint 8 on his blog.
Get Sprint 8 from Matrix
What's awesome is that the Sprint 8 program comes on all Matrix cardio consoles. It can be pre-programmed for beginner, intermediate, advanced or elite athletes. You enter your age, weight and desired level of intensity, and the equipment will automatically change speed and elevation or resistance during the workout as it moves through your sprint and recovery intervals.
Please note: Sprint 8 is designed for healthy adults at all levels of fitness. We highly recommended that individuals get an examination by a physician before attempting any fitness training program, including Sprint 8.